One of my favorite shows to watch on, Must See TV when I was a kid was Cheers:
Is your business like Norm. Meaning, is your business wearing Milk-Bone underwear? This is a remix from an article I posted on to LinkedIn on January 28, 2018. It's been almost three years.
A lot can change in three year as we all know. Let's take a few minutes to go back in time.
If you would like to take a look back to January 2018, click the LinkedIn link:
How To Know If Your Business Is Wearing Milk Bone Underwear in this Dog Eat Dog World in 2020:
1. You know your company is wearing Milk Bone underwear in 2020 if you're not managing your 4 most important assets. What are they?
Some say it's the people. That's a given. However, if I'm a Billion Dollar Investor looking to buy your company your staff has been loyal to you. Not me.
I have no clue if they will be loyal to me or the new company. That said, I'm looking to see about the businesses reputation off and online.
I'm also looking to know the size of the company's e-mail, social media and retargeting pixel lists and, are there currently any plans to grow each of these assets.
2. You know your business is wearing Milk Bone underwear in 2020 if you are not capturing 100% of your website's visitors and then marketing to them 90 days with different ads after they leave your website.
How is that done? Is it affordable? YES! Currently, most companies are not familiar with the power of Retargeting Pixels.
What are they? Amazon has been using them for the past 15 years. According to Tony Robbins, it takes 16 touches in 2020 to get a new loyal customer. For Norm, he was sold after his 1st Cheers beer.
3. You know your company is wearing Milk Bone underwear in 2020 if you search Google for the name of your business, city, and the word Reviews and see 0-5 reviews.
Not much has changed from 2018 on this one except that the Red Sox suck again.
Today, the latest stats shows that any company without 6 to 10 Five Star Reviews is not trusted. It takes 6 to 10 Five Star Reviews at least on the major platforms, for consumers to make a buying decision.
Ignore this sends potential customers, clients and or patients to go shopping for your competitor.
If only there were a way to stop the shopping of folks that look up your business on Google to either call, opt-in, set an appointment or go into to place of business and buy.
4. You know your business is wearing Milk Bone underwear in 2020 if you are not - Building, Engaging, Selling, Testing and Tracking your digital online or offline marketing efforts.
5. You know your business is wearing Milk Bone underwear in 2020 if you are not managing your 3 lists, E-Mail, Social Media and Pixel Lists. (ESP).
6. You know your business is wearing Milk Bone underwear in 2020 if your are not building, managing and marketing your Five Star Online Reputation.
7. Business hasn't been the same at Cheers in 2020. It will always be the place, "Where Everybody Know Your Name." It's rumored to close its doors forever. I hope this business never closes.
If you have any questions, reach out, don't be shy and most importantly, don't get eaten by those mad dogs out there!
Until then..... #LIVEWITHPASSION! AND - If you are reading this on your cell phone or iPad or Tablet - THANKS FOR THE RIDE!